A bonded, active family near Minneapolis, MN is seeking an intuitive, professional, and kind nanny to join them in caring for their children!
- Location: Suburb of Minneapolis
- Ages of children: 10, 6, and 3 years old
- Start date/Contract dates: As soon as they find the right fit!
- Schedule: Full-time rotational schedule of 2 weeks on/ 2 weeks off. The typical working hours will fall between 7am – 9pm, with 24/7 on-call availability needed, especially when parents are traveling without the children. The candidate will collaborate with a co-nanny to plan for extended rotation to offer coverage when the family travels.
- Compensation: The family is offering an hourly rate equivalent to the annualized base compensation of $80-100k/year based on the rotational schedule. The family is open to candidates who are seeking a higher compensation package commensurate with experience.
- Benefits: The family is open to providing benefits including health insurance and/or a health insurance stipend, a vehicle for professional use, and relocation assistance based on candidate need and the full benefits package.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-in during rotations, with the option for local candidates to live out. If live-in, the family is open to offering their on-site cottage for the ideal applicant to stay in while on rotation. The family is also open to a candidate who would like to fly in/fly out for rotations.
- This active, loving family is looking for a full-time nanny to complete their rotational team by joining them and their Adventure Nanny in caring for their energetic 10, 6, and 3-year-old children and sweet dog! Their young kids love to play and explore outside no matter the weather and live nearby to parks, playgrounds, museums, libraries, and other places for fun outings. In the warmer months, they enjoy swimming, riding bikes, playing soccer, and sailing. In the winter, they love to get outside and enjoy sledding, skiing, playing in the snow, and skating. Some of the children’s other favorite activities include playing with legos, reading, building, baking, and imaginative play to name a few! All three children will be attending school this fall, and the family is excited to have additional household and childcare support as they send all three children off to school.
- This family aims to practice positive parenting and values silliness, warmth, and instilling emotional regulation skills, with the belief that regular routines and clear expectations are important for their children. With their children’s wide range of ages, the family often finds that taking a divide-and-conquer approach is key to nurturing their children’s development and allows both parents to get valuable 1:1 time with each child. A candidate who is confident in partnering with parents will be key, as one of the parents is regularly in and out of the home during the day. Both parents hope to work with a team of nannies who can provide outstanding care for their children for years to come and also help keep their household running smoothly to allow their family more quality time together!
- During a typical week, the kids will be in school between the hours of 9am and 3pm. A candidate will offer support for the kids during afternoons and evenings, using time before school pick-up for household and child-related tasks such as organizing, activity prep, meal prep, and basic errands. The candidate will work in collaboration with the family’s existing nanny and household manager to ensure a smooth hand-off. During school breaks and summers, the family loves to take trips, so a candidate who loves to travel and can provide occasional overnight care will be appreciated!
- This position is ideal for someone who is interested in child development and excited to work with this family to foster emotional development and teach empathy and respect to their children! The family is excited to work with a candidate that brings a positive attitude, and a warm, nurturing, and friendly demeanor to their home! An intuitive and proactive candidate who is outdoor-loving in all seasons, team-minded, flexible for occasional schedule changes and travel, has a step-in/step-out mentality, and is willing to jump in to help as needed will be a valuable addition to this household.
- Responsibilities include providing a stimulating environment for the children to grow and thrive, child-related housekeeping, light pet care, and family assisting duties, and pitching in where needed! A candidate who brings an organizational skill set, is detail-oriented, self-starting, and can anticipate the needs of a busy household will be appreciated.
- One of the children has ADHD and benefits from a caregiver who brings a loving, patient, collaborative energy to each day. They have systems in place to support their child as well as resources to help their nannies build their tool kit, so while it is not a requirement for the role, the family would love to work with a candidate who has experience supporting children with ADD/ADHD and a passion for understanding learning differences and helping neurodivergent children thrive.
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- 3 years of professional childcare experience
- Knowledge and experience with age-appropriate developmental milestones
- Comfortability in preparing basic meals for children
- Strong swimmer and comfortable caring for children in and around water
- Dog friendly! Comfortable providing light pet care.
- Fully vaccinated and boosted (when eligible) against COVID-19 prior to the start date in accordance with applicable laws
- Rotational nanny experience
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!