A warm family based in Houston, TX is seeking a patient, travel-ready rotational nanny to join them in caring for their two children!
- Location: Houston, TX
- Ages of children: Almost 3 years old, 17 months old
- Start date/Contract dates: As soon as they find the right fit!
- Schedule: Full-time rotational schedule of 1 week on/ 1 week off or similar. The typical working hours will fall between 7:30am – 7:30pm. Flexibility for overnights, travel, and additional hours will be asked in advance and appreciated.
- Compensation: The family is offering an hourly and overtime rate equivalent to an annualized base compensation of $90-110k/year dependent on candidate experience. The family may be open to candidates who are seeking a higher compensation package commensurate with experience.
- Benefits: The family is open to providing benefits including paid holidays, paid time off, health, life, and dental insurance, matching 401k contributions, and relocation and/or housing assistance based on candidate need and the full benefits package. A vehicle will be provided for professional use.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-out. Candidates must be local to or be willing to relocate to the Houston area.
- This thoughtful, open family and their two children are active and on the go! Their almost 3-year-old son is a busy bee, who is obsessed with his toys and loves to play. The family’s 17-month-old loves her parents and caregiver deeply and can take some time to warm up to new people. Both children will attend a local Montessori school this fall, and they are hopeful to grow their family in 2024!
- This family can often be found hiking, practicing yoga, cooking, and taking walks together with the family dog. They travel frequently with their household and with their extended family to beautiful destinations both domestically and internationally and look forward to inviting a travel-ready candidate to join them. Dad has a busy, high-travel career. Mom stays home and loves to work alongside the nanny throughout the day. They are eager to find a candidate who can be a partner to them and their existing Adventure Nanny in caring for their children!
- This position is ideal for a candidate who is warm, proactive, travel-ready, and confident in caring for a busy, growing family! A candidate who enjoys caring for active children will be a great fit for this role as the family would love to welcome a candidate who can grow with their family for years to come. Experience working with children from the infant through preschool stages is important for this role, and a candidate who is drawn to/trained in Gentle Parenting or has an interest in developing their understanding will be appreciated. This family values spending time together and will appreciate working with a candidate who can bring their step-in and step-out intuition, strong communication skills, and collaborative, professional expertise to the role.
- Responsibilities include creating an environment for the children to grow and thrive, child-related household tasks including but not limited to meal prep, tidying, organizing of children’s areas, and errands, before and after school routines, coordinating activities, traveling with the family throughout the year, and providing additional support when parents are away.
- While not a requirement for the role, the family would love to work with a candidate who speaks Spanish!
- 5 years of professional childcare experience
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- Experience traveling with families and children
- Knowledge and experience with age-appropriate developmental milestones
- Ability to swim and comfortability caring for children in and near water
- Dog friendly! Willing to support light pet care
- Fully vaccinated and boosted (when eligible) against COVID-19 prior to the start date in accordance with applicable laws
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!