A dynamic family of five based in the Bay Area is seeking a flexible and enriching nanny to join their childcare team!
- Location: Menlo Park, California
- Ages of children: 3 children, pre-K through elementary-aged
- Start date/Contract dates: As soon as the family finds the right fit!
- Schedule: Full-time. This role will work in tandem with the family’s nanny team to provide 45-50+ hour/week coverage primarily when the family is at home in the Bay Area. A typical at-home schedule is Monday-Friday 11-6 pm and Saturday-Sunday 8-5 pm, with evening support as needed. The candidate can anticipate working a total of ~30 weeks/year varying in weeks on/off seasonally, with the family’s at-home schedule determined one year in advance. Flexibility to travel for up to 2 weeks will be appreciated should the family’s travel nanny need additional support. Flexibility and adaptability are key in this role to meet schedule changes should they arise, with as much advanced notice as possible. This family has worked successfully with other team members on this schedule, and is well-versed in making it a supportive schedule for all parties!
- Compensation: An hourly rate equivalent to a base annualized earning of $125k-$135k depending on experience. The family may be open to candidates who are seeking a higher compensation package commensurate with experience.
- Benefits: The family provides full benefits including holiday pay, healthcare plan including medical/dental/vision and ancillary benefits, relocation assistance, and 401k matching.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-out in the Bay Area. Private accommodations are provided while traveling.
- Based on the beautiful peninsula of the Bay Area, these loving, professional parents are looking for someone who is energetic, flexible, and adventurous to join them in caring for their three young children and on a travel-friendly lifestyle.
- The family is passionate about instilling individuality and self-sufficiency in their children and identifying and driving developmentally-enriching activities for each. They are excited to find a passionate nanny to join their dream team of caregivers, both at home and on their many travels, and to enrich their children’s daily routines and education.
- This position is ideal for a candidate who is flexible and adaptable to schedule and itinerary changes and ready to roll with the punches! A passion for child development and a proactive approach to implementing developmentally-enriching activities will be essential. This position is ideal for someone who is outdoorsy and ready for outdoor adventure. The family is seeking someone who has a warm, nurturing, and firm approach to childcare and development. Someone who is team-oriented, collaborative, and has a high level of flexibility will thrive in this role.
- Responsibilities include assisting with all things child-related, from transportation and scheduling to tidying and preparing meals for the kids. This role will collaborate with other household staff to deliver well-rounded, child-centered support. Flexibility to collaborate alongside other nannies (including from other families) to plan and carry out activities for children will be appreciated as well. Excellent communication skills will be essential to work in collaboration with this tight-knit family and caregiving team!
- 3 years of professional childcare experience
- Valid driver’s license, excellent driving record, comfortable driving in inclement conditions
- Fully vaccinated and boosted (when eligible) against COVID-19 prior to start date in accordance with applicable laws
- Ability to commit to approximately a 1-year contract and travel for extended periods of time
- Experience traveling with families and children, and willing to travel 2-6 weeks of the year, as needed
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!