An informal, fast-paced family based in San Francisco is seeking a travel-ready and collaborative nanny to join their nanny team in caring for their children!
- Location: San Francisco, CA
- Ages of children: 6, 2, and 9 months old
- Start date/Contract dates: As soon as they find the right fit!
- Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 50 hours per week with the general schedule falling 4 days/week, for example, Thursday through Sunday from 7am to 7pm, with 3 days off per week. The family is flexible to create a schedule that works well for all parties, and will appreciate flexibility for occasional evenings, and frequent travel. This position will work in tandem with other nannies on the team!
- Compensation: The family is offering $40-45/hour based on the 50-hour/week schedule, which equates to an annualized base compensation of $115-129k/year range dependent on experience and the agreed-upon schedule. The family may be open to candidates who are seeking a higher compensation package commensurate with experience.
- Benefits: The family is open to providing benefits including paid time off, paid holidays, health insurance and/or a health insurance stipend, a vehicle for professional use, and relocation assistance based on candidate need and the full benefits package.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-out. Private housing will always be provided while the family is traveling, which they do frequently.
- This bustling, welcoming, and friendly San Francisco crew is eager to add another nanny to their caregiving team! The family is seeking a nanny to focus on supporting care for their infant while the older children are in school, though an all-hands-on-deck approach will be appreciated in this collaborative home.
- Their three children are an active bunch! They welcomed a baby boy last summer and are loving watching his personality develop. Their 2-year-old is happy-go-lucky, carefree, and expressive. Her parents describe her as a speed demon, and note that she loves things that go fast- like bikes, boats, and scooters. At 6 years old, the family describes their oldest son as their quiet and tender kid! He likes to stay busy, whether playing outside or doing an art project, and loves magic, gnomes, and creating stories! Both of the older children attend school full-time during the week.
- When they are not at home in San Francisco, the family loves to visit their secondary residence in Sonoma and spend over half of the year traveling, so travel readiness is paramount for this role! The family has a fully-staffed environment in their home, including co-nannies, and works best with team-oriented staff. A candidate who is excited to work collaboratively will thrive on this family’s team!
- This position is ideal for a candidate who loves the infant through preschool years, is excited to be part of a tight-knit team, and is enthusiastic about exploring the world with their nanny family! A candidate who brings a bright, warm, and joyful energy to the role will be a great addition to the family’s fluid, informal home. A candidate who can speak to their commitment in their career path as a nanny and wants to join a team where they can grow and thrive alongside this adventurous family and team will be a perfect match for years to come.
- Responsibilities include creating an environment for the children to grow and thrive, driving children to/from activities, communicating with parents and other caregivers, and pitching in where needed with child-related housekeeping.
- 3 years of professional childcare experience, with a minimum of one full-time, 1+ year-long position on their resume
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- Experience traveling with families and children
- Knowledge and experience with age-appropriate developmental milestones
- Fully vaccinated and boosted (when eligible) against COVID-19 prior to starting date in accordance with applicable laws
- Bonus qualifications: Early childhood education credits are a plus. Additionally, as the family’s children attend Montessori school, they would be very excited to meet a candidate who brings experience supporting 0-3-year-olds in-home or in-classroom with AMI (preferred) or AMS training, and/or YCC experience. Montessori experience is a plus, not a must!
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!