A friendly family based in Washington DC is seeking a knowledgeable, joyful, and communicative nanny to care for their almost 3-year-old and 2-month-old children!
- Location: Washington D.C
- Ages of children: 3 years old and 2 months old
- Start Date/Contract Dates: The position will begin as soon as the family finds the perfect fit!
- Hours/Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 50 hours per week Mondays through Fridays. Candidates can anticipate 8-10 hour work days typically falling between the hours of 8am to 7pm. Flexibility for date nights, overnights, weekends, and travel will be asked and appreciated with advanced notice.
- Compensation: The family is offering $30-35/hour which equates to an annual base compensation of $78-90k/year. The family is open to candidates seeking a higher compensation package commensurate with experience.
- Benefits: The family is open to providing benefits including paid time off, paid holidays, a healthcare stipend, relocation assistance, opportunities for continuing education, and a vehicle for professional use or access to a car service based on candidate need and the full benefits package.
- Accommodations: Live-in or live-out. If live-in, accommodations include a private and separate bedroom with an ensuite bath on a separate floor of the family’s home. The family is also happy to offer this as a landing pad for a candidate who prefers to live out long-term.
- This bustling household is described as a hands-on, open, and collaborative environment. Having just welcomed their second baby, the family is adjusting to life with two and describes their 2-month-old as happy, chill, and a great sleeper. Their almost 3-year-old is observant, sweet, and spirited. He loves imaginative play, memorizing his books, and is excited to begin five-day/week half-day preschool in September. He thrives with people who keep him challenged and learning new things! As an on-the-go family, they are eager to find a developmentally-minded nanny who can foster an enriching environment for their infant and support afterschool and evening routines for their quickly growing, spirited toddler.
- These parents are lovingly hands-on and deeply value the opinions and insights of their nanny. With busy work schedules, they are seeking an experienced nanny who can join them as a partner in being an engaging, collaborative, and autonomous caregiver in their home. The family enjoys going on vacation-style travel periodically through the year and would love to welcome a candidate who is excited to join them on the road!
- This position is ideal for a candidate who is knowledgeable and passionate about early childhood development, as well as thrives in a role where they can communicate and collaborate as partners with loving parents. They look forward to finding a nanny with a team-minded spirit who can guide both children’s growth and establish a warm, friendly rapport with both the kids and parents.
- The role is very childcare-focused, so a candidate who is ready to fill each day with new adventures and developmentally-minded activities, and stays proactive with research, planning, and implementation will thrive in this role! Other household tasks include preparing meals for their toddler (making sure to get creative to introduce him to new nutritious options) and bottles for baby, light child-related tidying and errands, and occasional light pet care (like letting them in and out for potty breaks) for their small friendly dog. They hope for a nanny who will be excited to join them for years to come!
- While not a requirement for the role, the family would love to welcome a candidate with a formal background in Early Childhood Education!
- 3 years of professional childcare experience
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- Strong background working with infants and toddlers and knowledge of associated developmental milestones
- Travel with the family as needed throughout the year or provide house/pet sitting while the family travels without the nanny
- Comfortability in preparing basic meals
- Dog friendly!
- Fully vaccinated and boosted (when eligible) against COVID-19 prior to starting date in accordance with applicable laws.
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!