Warm, first-time parents based in Santa Barbara, CA are seeking a personable rotational nanny team to join them in caring for their infant!
- Location: Santa Barbara, CA
- Ages of children: 4 months old
- Start date/Contract dates: February 2024, or as soon as they find the right fit!
- Schedule: Full-time, rotational schedule of 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off. 24/7 on-call coverage will be expected during on weeks. Flexibility to travel will be essential!
- Compensation: The family is offering an hourly and overtime rate equivalent to an annualized base compensation of $125-150k/year dependent on candidate experience.
- Benefits: The family is open to providing benefits including a health insurance stipend, an ongoing education stipend, and relocation assistance.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-in while on rotation. A private bedroom and bathroom in a separate wing of the house with a private entrance will be provided.
- Other Notes: The family is hopeful to work with a candidate who lives nearby or is willing to relocate to Santa Barbara or the greater Los Angeles area. Driving is not currently required but will become more integral to the role in months to come, at which point the family may be open to providing a vehicle for professional use. The family may also be open to fly-in/ fly-out for the right candidate.
- These loving, active first-time parents are moving on from their wonderful NCS, and are ready to find two fun-loving, engaging, and experienced nannies to make up their rotational nanny team! They are exploring different parenting philosophies that work for them and currently align with Montessori, RIE, and positive parenting. Candidates who can guide them in practicing philosophies and remaining flexible will be valued.
- When they’re not at home in Santa Barbara, they love traveling to Palm Springs and their second residence on Mammoth Mountain. They take a couple of international trips each year and will be excited to have their nannies join them. These hands-on parents are in and out of the house and will appreciate working with a candidate who is confident working independently and alongside parents. They also have a dog and pet bearded dragon at home, and love animals. Animal lovers should apply!
- This position is ideal for someone with an outdoor-focused, developmentally-minded, communicative, and warm brand of care! A candidate who engages and plays with the baby to ensure he is meeting his milestones will be a great fit. Someone who is confident in taking over from their newborn care specialist by maintaining routine and introducing new things as he grows will excel in this role. The family is excited to work with candidates who are easy-going, organized, and professional.
- This is a child-focused role, and all responsibilities will be child-related. Responsibilities include creating an environment for the child(ren) to grow and thrive, child-related household tasks including but not limited to bottle prep and sanitization, tidying and organizing the nursery, baby laundry, light errands, and traveling with the family throughout the year.
- While not a requirement for the role, the family would love to work with a candidate who has experience working in a rotational role or traveling with families! Someone who is well-versed in child development and is up to date on the latest in the field will be appreciated.
- 3 years of professional childcare experience
- Knowledge and experience with age-appropriate developmental milestones
- Ability to swim and comfortability caring for children in and near water
- Ability to lift 40+ pounds
- Valid driver’s license
- Valid passport
- Pet friendly!
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!