A bustling, welcoming NYC family is seeking a manny/nanny to join their household team and be a support to their 8-year-old son!
- Location: West Village, Manhattan, NY
- Ages of children: 8 years old
- Start date/Contract dates: As soon as they find the right fit!
- Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 40+ hours per week. During the summer months (mid-June through early September) the candidate can anticipate working Monday-Friday from 8:30-6pm, or similar. During the school year, the candidate can anticipate working Monday-Friday 1pm-7pm, or similar. Flexibility for some travel may be asked and appreciated with advanced notice!
- Compensation: The family is offering $40-55/hour based on the 40-45 hour/week schedule, which equates to an annualized base compensation of $83-136k/year dependent on experience and the agreed-upon schedule.
- Benefits: The family is open to providing benefits including paid time off, paid holidays, a health insurance stipend, and relocation assistance based on candidate need and the full benefits package.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-out. For the perfect, non-local manny/nanny, the family may be willing to provide short-term accommodations while they get settled in NYC.
- This fast-paced, caring, and fun crew is excited to find a nanny to join their team! At 8 years old, their youngest is described as being very sweet, funny, and compassionate. He’s got a plethora of interests, ranging from games to rock climbing, cracking jokes, and music. He’s enrolled in some exciting activities this summer to explore his interests. During the school year, he attends a school that specializes in supporting children who learn with dyslexia as he was recently diagnosed. The family is hopeful that their nanny will be a beam of support in navigating and supporting strategies to thrive with this learning difference. He has two 14-year-old sisters who spend half of their time in this family’s home, and half at the home of their other parent, who do not require care from the nanny.
- These dual-career parents have very busy schedules and enjoy staying involved with their children’s interests in activities. They speak multiple languages in their home, including French and Spanish, and are regularly in and out of the house. With lots of moving parts, they have a wonderful household team, including a chief of staff, a live-in nanny/housekeeper, and a chef who supports them in making it all happen! The family travels frequently throughout the year and enjoys visiting destinations like Greece and California. An excitement to join as a collaborative, can-do member of their bustling team will be key.
- This position is ideal for a manny or nanny who is well-versed in supporting children with dyslexia and who is team-minded! Someone who can provide strategies to support academic progress and can create a focused learning environment will be key, as well an excitement to create learning experiences that lean into the child’s interests. Someone who brings a playful, patient, warm, and caring demeanor will be a great fit on this bustling family team!
- Responsibilities include creating an environment for the child to grow and thrive, child-related household tasks including but not limited to basic meal prep, tidying, organizing of children’s areas, and errands, before and after school routines, coordinating activities and play dates, and occasionally traveling with the family throughout the year.
- While experience supporting dyslexic learners is a must, they would be thrilled to welcome a candidate who possesses a Bachelor’s degree or higher in an educational-related field, specifically with a focus on neurodivergent learners. Though not a requirement for the role, the family would love to work with a candidate who is local to New York City!
- 3 years of professional childcare experience
- Valid passport
- Knowledge and experience working with elementary-age children
- Ability to swim and comfortability caring for children in and near water
- Experience supporting dyslexic learners
- Fully vaccinated and boosted (when eligible) against COVID-19 prior to the start date in accordance with applicable laws
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!