An outgoing, travel-loving Los Angeles family is seeking a team-oriented and school-age-savvy nanny to join their bustling household and nanny team in caring for their four children!
- Location: Los Angeles, CA
- Ages of children: 8, 6, 3.5 years old, and 3 months old
- Start date/Contract dates: As soon as they find the perfect fit!
- Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 50+ hours per week with the general schedule falling on Wednesday-Sunday from 11am-8pm or similar. Flexibility to provide date night, weekend, and travel support (which the family does frequently!) with advanced notice will be essential for the perfect person. The family looks forward to designing a schedule that best supports all parties with their chosen candidate!
- Compensation: The family is offering $30-40/hour based on the 50 hour/week schedule which equates to an annualized base compensation of $85-115k/year dependent on experience. The family is happy to consider candidates who are seeking a higher compensation package commensurate with experience.
- Benefits: The family is open to providing benefits including paid time off, paid holidays, health, dental, and vision insurance, vehicle for professional use, and relocation assistance based on candidate need and the full benefits package.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-out or live-in. A private bedroom and bathroom will be provided at all residences and when traveling. The family may be open to providing an off-site landing pad or long-term housing for the perfect relocation candidate.
- This adventurous family is excited to find a partner in caring for their children and joining their household team! The children, ranging from 3 months to 8 years old, are described as playful and outgoing. Their oldest two children participate in a variety of fun–filled activities and sports, from ballet to karate! With frequent travel picking back up, the family has upcoming trips planned to the Maldives, Hawaii, Greece, Dubai, and more. They’re excited for their nanny to join them!
- The family appreciates raising their children in a holistic and screen-free environment and would love to work with a candidate who can adapt to their family’s style and structures. The family has their own vegetable garden and chickens (as well as two sweet dogs!) at home, and love to cook and eat together whenever they can. There is no such thing as kid food in their home!
- Mom is very involved in the day to day care for the children alongside the household team, so a candidate who is excited to collaborate and work together will be key! Everyone on the team pitches in where needed, and a see-a-need, fill-a-need approach is appreciated.
- This position is ideal for a candidate who brings down-to-earth energy to their role, aligns with Waldorf/RIE philosophies, and is excited to support this family and be a part of their household team! The family loves to foster a sense of independence in their children, and look forward to meeting a candidate who can maintain an observant approach while giving their children the freedom to follow their own lead. A candidate who brings experience and focus on the elementary ages will be a wonderful addition to the family’s existing infant/toddler-savvy nanny team.
- Responsibilities include creating a warm and free-spirited environment for the children to grow and thrive, being a team player and pitching in where needed, child-related meal prep and housekeeping, and traveling with the family as needed.
- While not a requirement for the role, the family would love to work with a candidate who has additional experience and training with Waldorf or RIE. They are happy to provide additional training!
- 5+ years of professional childcare experience
- Valid passport
- Valid driver’s license preferred
- Knowledge and experience with age-appropriate developmental milestones
- Fully vaccinated and boosted (when eligible) against COVID-19 prior to start date in accordance with applicable laws
- Alignment with RIE/Waldorf philosophies
- Experience working with 3+ children in a role
- Experience traveling with families and children
- Ability to swim and comfortability caring for children in and near water
- Pet friendly! Willing to support light pet care.
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!