A down-to-earth and open-minded family of four based in South Korea is seeking an educationally-minded nanny to join them for a one-year contract!
- Location: Yongin, Gyeonggi, South Korea
- Ages of children: 7 and almost 2 years old!
- Start date/Contract dates: September 1st, 2022 for a one-year contract
- Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 40-45 hours per week with the general schedule falling on Tuesday-Saturday with working hours between 8am-8pm. Flexibility to adjust daily schedules based on academic and travel will be key!
- Compensation: The family is offering $30/hour based on the 40-45 hour/week schedule, which equates to an annualized base compensation of $65k/year, and a candidate will make an additional $300/day on travel days. The family may be open to candidates seeking a higher compensation package commensurate with experience.
- Benefits: The family is open to providing benefits including paid time off, airfare to-from start and end of position as well to visit home or other destinations during the position, support with acquiring any necessary travel visas, use of a car/driver, paid holidays and health insurance and/or a health insurance stipend based on candidate need and the full benefits package.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-out. The family is offering off-site housing accommodations in the form of a nearby studio apartment. Private accommodations will always be provided while traveling.
- This welcoming return Adventure Nannies family is excited to find a nanny who can join them in caring for their children in South Korea! The parents describe their eldest daughter as an enthusiast who loves to sing, read and skate. Additionally, she’s an eager learner and a hard worker! She attends a local school in South Korea and thrives in her school environment. Their toddler is described by her parents as being smiley, charming, clever, quick to learn, and persistent. She loves K-pop music videos, Elmo, and just about anything her sister does.
- Both parents work from home and often have to accommodate international schedules, so someone who is willing to be a collaborative partner will be a great asset to the team. While home base is the Bay Area for this kind, fun-loving, and welcoming return Adventure Nannies family, they have spent the last two years enjoying life in South Korea and are excited to travel and soak up all that the area has to offer for another year.
- This position is ideal for a candidate who is calm and collected, proactive, and sees learning opportunities in their everyday environment. A candidate who is a true professional and enjoys collaborating with parents to plan activities and can confidently support children in the toddler and elementary years will thrive in this role. Someone who is experienced in maintaining routines at home will be key, along with enthusiasm in supporting the family while traveling!
- This role will be child-focused, and a candidate who is a natural hands-on caregiver and can get on their children’s level will be appreciated, as well as an eagerness to assist with child-related packing, cooking, and tidying. Someone who knows how to intuitively step in to help the family and household thrive as a whole will be key. The family would love to work with a candidate who is excited about the amazing travel around South Korea, can assertively drive throughout the region and tackle the challenges of the roadway, and is experienced at bringing an educational bent to their role!
- While not a requirement for the role, the family would love to work with a candidate who brings outside experience to their role, whether they have played a sport through college or have experience speaking a second language, like Korean!
- Minimum 3 years of full-time professional childcare experience
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- Experienced and confident caring for a toddler and an elementary-aged child
- Fully vaccinated and boosted (when eligible) against COVID-19 prior to starting date in accordance with applicable laws
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!