A welcoming, respectful, and energetic family based in the East Bay Area is seeking a playful and nurturing nanny to join their rotational nanny team!
- Location: Oakland, CA
- Ages of children: 1 and 3 years old
- Start date/Contract dates: As soon as they find the right fit!
- Schedule: Rotational schedule of 2 weeks on/2 weeks off with 12-hour on-call availability expected during working weeks. Typical working hours to fall between 8am-8pm. Flexibility for evenings and travel during the rotational will be key for the right candidate!
- Compensation: The family is offering an hourly rate equivalent to $100k-125+k/year in annualized earnings based on the rotational schedule. The family may be open to candidates who are seeking a higher compensation package commensurate with experience.
- Benefits: The family is open to providing benefits including paid time off, matching 401k, a health insurance stipend, and relocation assistance based on the candidate’s need and the full benefits package.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-in or live-out. The family may be open to providing a housing stipend or providing live-in accommodations for work weeks. Private accommodations will always be provided while traveling. The family is open to discussing fly-in/fly-out, live-out during on and off time for local candidates, and other logistics for the role with their perfect candidates.
- This artistic and creative family has two very sharp, active, and adventurous children! They have loved spending time in Los Angeles, the East Coast, and other locations as a family, and consider themselves a tight-knit, welcoming crew. Their 1-year-old son will be beginning preschool in the months ahead and is quickly becoming a curious toddler. He has severe food allergies, so they need a nanny who is aware and diligent and has experience with allergy maintenance to help support their son both at home and wherever their travels lead them. Their 3-year-old daughter is described as active, energetic, and confident. She attends preschool three days a week and loves being a big sister.
- These dual-career parents are very laid back and warm and believe in gentle and respectful parenting. They study Janet Lansbury’s Unruffled and Dr. Jazmine’s The Mom Psychologist Show and would love to work with someone who is interested in developing their awareness alongside these philosophies. They work with sensitive information due to the nature of our work and we need someone who can exercise discretion and can be intuitive in a variety of situations. This family enjoys traveling for both work and fun, typically for 4-8 weeks/year, and look forward to working with a nanny who is excited to join them!
- This position is ideal for someone who is emotionally engaged and can truly connect with the children. Someone who enjoys playing, dancing, reading books, and being outside with kids will be a perfect fit! A candidate who is familiar with gentle and respectful parenting and who can collaborate with the parents to provide consistent and loving care will thrive in this environment. This family has a child with severe allergies and so a candidate who has experience working with children with allergies and who is confident in their CPR and first aid training is imperative.
- Responsibilities include creating a safe and loving environment for the children to grow and thrive, child-related household tasks including but not limited to meal prep, tidying, organizing of children’s areas, and errands, before and after school routines, coordinating activities, and traveling with the family throughout the year.
- While not a requirement for the role, the family would love to work with a candidate who speaks a second language.
- 3 years of professional childcare experience
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- Knowledge and experience with age-appropriate developmental milestones
- Fully vaccinated and boosted (when eligible) against COVID-19 prior to starting date in accordance with applicable laws
- Willing to provide healthy child-related meal prep with diligent awareness of the child’s egg + tree nut allergies at all times
- Experience traveling with families and children
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!