A bustling, outdoor-loving family based just outside of Minneapolis, MN is seeking two compassionate, pitch-in rotational nannies to join them in caring for their children!
- Location: Suburb of MN
- Ages of children: 9, 5, and 2 years old
- Start date/Contract dates: As soon as they find the right fit!
- Schedule: 7 on/7 off (or 14 on/14 off) with 12-16 hours of on-call availability asked and appreciated on working days with the typical working hours falling between 7am-9pm. Flexibility to travel with the family and provide overnight coverage when the family travels without the children will be essential. The candidate will collaborate with a co-nanny to plan for extended rotation to offer coverage when the family travels.
- Compensation: The family is offering an hourly rate equivalent to the annualized base compensation of $80-105+k/year based on the rotational schedule.
- Benefits: The family is open to providing benefits including paid holidays, health insurance and/or a health insurance stipend, a vehicle for professional use, and relocation assistance based on candidate need and the full benefits package.
- Live-in/Live-out: Flexible to live-in or live-out. If live-in while on-duty, private and separate nanny accommodations are to be provided. Live-out while off-duty, the family is open to an applicant who would commute in from a larger distance for their workweeks, particularly in a 2 week on/off rotation.
- This active, loving family is building a rotational nanny team to join them in caring for their energetic 9, 5, and 2-year-old children and sweet dog! Their young kids love to play and explore outside no matter the weather and live nearby parks, playgrounds, museums, libraries, and other places for fun outings. In the warmer months, they enjoy swimming, riding bikes, tennis, sailing, and growing a vegetable garden. In the winter, they love to get outside and enjoy sledding, skiing, playing in the snow, and skating. Some of the children’s other favorite activities include playing with legos, reading, building, baking, arts and crafts, and woodworking projects to name a few! All three children will be attending school this fall, and the family is excited to have additional household and childcare support as they send all three children off to school!
- This family aims to practice positive parenting and value silliness, warmth, and teaching emotional regulation skills, with the belief that regular routines and clear expectations are important for their children. With their children’s wide range of ages, the family often finds that taking a divide and conquer approach is key to nurturing their children’s development and allows both parents to get valuable 1:1 time with each child. A candidate who is confident in partnering with parents will be key, as one of the parents is regularly in and out of the home during the day. Both parents hope to work with a team of nannies who can provide outstanding care for their children for years to come, and also help keep their household running smoothly to allow their family more quality time together!
- This position is ideal for someone who is interested in child development and is excited to work with this family to foster emotional development and teach empathy and respect to their children! The family is excited to work with a candidate that brings a positive attitude, and a warm, nurturing, and friendly demeanor to their home! A candidate who is outdoor-loving in all seasons, team-minded, flexible for occasional schedule changes, travel, and is willing to jump in to help as needed will be a valuable addition to their household team.
- Responsibilities include providing a stimulating environment for the children to grow and thrive, child-related housekeeping, light pet care and family assisting duties, and pitching in where needed! A candidate who brings an organizational skill set, is detail-oriented, a self-starter, and can anticipate the needs of a busy household will be appreciated.
- The parents look forward to creating an engaging caregiving team that can plan ahead, takes activities to the next level, and will value working with candidates who notice and nurture their children’s interests through activity and play.
- One of the family’s children has ADHD and benefits from a caregiver who brings a loving, patient, collaborative energy to each day and an understanding of learning differences. They have systems in place to support their child as well as resources to help their candidate(s) build their tool kit, so while it is not a requirement for the role, the family would love to work with a candidate who has experience supporting children with ADD/ADHD.
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- Fully vaccinated and boosted (when eligible) against COVID-19 prior to starting date in accordance with applicable laws
- 3 years of professional childcare experience
- Knowledge and experience with age-appropriate developmental milestones
- Comfortability in preparing basic meals
- Strong swimmer and comfortable caring for children in and around water
- Dog friendly! Comfortable providing light pet care.
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!