A bustling, kind family of four who splits their time between Charleston, SC and Washington DC is seeking a confident and organized family assistant/nanny to join their family!
- Location: Charleston, SC and Washington, DC
- Ages of children: 8 and 7 years old
- Start date/Contract dates: As soon as they find the perfect fit!
- Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 60+ hours per week with the general schedule falling on Monday-Friday from 6:30am-6:30pm. The family appreciates a candidate who can offer flexibility for overnights, weekends, and travel with advanced notice. The family is offering extended paid breaks midday for the candidate to rest, recharge, and take personal time.
- Compensation: The family is offering $30-38+/hour based on the 60+ hour/week schedule, which equates to annualized base compensation of $100-120+k/year dependent on experience.
- Benefits: The family is open to providing benefits including paid time off, paid holidays, health insurance and/or a health insurance stipend, a vehicle for professional use, and relocation assistance based on candidate need and the full benefits package.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-in at the family’s home in South Carolina. Live-out in Washington, D.C. The family looks forward to identifying a housing setup that works well for all parties in both locations.
- This loving, routine-oriented family of four is seeking a family assistant/nanny to keep their home running smoothly! The family has two girls, ages 8 and 7 years old, who attend school throughout the week and spend much of the summertime attending camps and activities. Though the role will predominantly be focused on the household, the ideal candidate will be an engaging role model and support for the girls. The family has a small, well-behaved 1-year old puppy that will be at home during the day, so a dog lover will feel right at home with him by their side!
- The family splits their time between Charleston, SC and Washington, DC and travels throughout the year, so a candidate who is comfortable and eager to travel with the family as needed will be key. The family works with a housekeeper and biweekly chef. Should they find a candidate who enjoys cooking as a part of their role, they would be happy to pass on the cooking responsibility! One parent works from a home office, while the other parent works outside of the home. Someone who is a self-starter, anticipates the needs of a busy family, and works well independently will thrive in this environment!
- This position is ideal for a candidate who is confident jumping right in to run a household with lots of moving parts, and enjoys working in a dynamic hybrid role! Someone who is communicative, excited to be an excellent role model to their children, is engaging and responsible, and eager to wear multiple hats will thrive in this position. This position will require independent work and time management, so a candidate who has proven experience managing their time and enjoys working on their own will be key. The family values raising polite and respectful children, and will enjoy working with someone who can help instill these values into their daughters!
- Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to, caring for the children, running errands, grocery shopping, basic meal prep, light tidying, laundry, assisting with homework, and walking the family’s small dog. A candidate who brings strong organizational and planning skills, flexibility, and attention to detail will be a great fit for this family and thrive in this role for years to come!
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- Fully vaccinated and boosted (when eligible) against COVID-19 prior to start date in accordance with applicable laws,
- Comfortability preparing basic meals
- 3 years of professional childcare experience
- Family assisting experience
- Travel experience
- Dog friendly! Willing to support light pet care.
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!