A loving and engaged family in Nashville is seeking an organized, patient, and experienced family assistant/nanny who can help care for their home and children!
- Location: Nashville, TN
- Ages of children: 1 and 3 years old
- Start date/Contract dates: As soon as they find the right fit!
- Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 40 hours per week with the general schedule falling on Monday through Friday from 9 am to 5 pm or similar. Additional hours may be available for evening and weekend support and will be asked for in advance and appreciated.
- Compensation: The family is offering $35-40/hour based on the 40-hour/week schedule, which equates to an annualized base compensation of $73-83k/year range dependent on experience and the agreed-upon schedule.
- Benefits: The family is open to providing benefits including paid time off, paid holidays, a health insurance stipend, and relocation assistance based on candidate need and the full benefits package. A vehicle will be provided for professional use.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-out. The family is open to providing a housing stipend for the perfect relocation candidate.
- This spontaneous and fun-loving family has two active and playful daughters. Their imaginative 3-year-old daughter has been self-assured since the day she was born and loves the water, music, and being outdoors. Their 1-year-old is super busy and she loves exploring, climbing stairs, and causing a ruckus by pulling books off of bookshelves and unpacking bins. The oldest child attends half-days at a Montessori school near their home, and the family loves encouraging her independence with child-led activities. In addition to their two children, this family has two rescue dogs who are part of their busy family.
- These dual-career parents like to foster an accepting, loving environment in their home and look forward to working with a nanny with a similar level of warmth and openness. One parent works from home most days of the week and is in and out of the house regularly. In addition to running businesses, these parents are also managing house projects and staying active and social by spending time with friends and family, going for hikes, or playing in the park. They also enjoy traveling and spend 8+ weeks of the year enjoying ski trips and beaches in New England. A candidate who is eager to join in on their family adventures will be key!
- This position is ideal for someone who has family assisting and nanny experience and who brings a compassionate, upbeat, and motivated vibe to their role! This family would love to work with a professional who can provide high-quality, loving childcare and support the day-to-day household operation smoothly and confidently. The ideal candidate will have experience working with toddlers, possess knowledge around developmental milestones, know how to set kind and firm boundaries, be open to feedback, and be capable of kindly offering ideas and suggestions. Open and respectful communication is a must! One of the children loves to swim, so someone who is comfortable caring for children in and around water is very important. A candidate who is looking for their next long-term position is encouraged to apply!
- Responsibilities include providing a safe and loving environment for the children to grow and thrive! This includes, but is not limited to planning enriching activities for the girls, engaging in arts and crafts, managing calendars, coordinating schedules, planning playdates, researching age-appropriate activities, and transporting the children to and from school/classes/activities. Child-related household tasks include tidying the children’s areas, managing children’s laundry, rotating closets and toys, etc. Family assisting tasks include household inventory and restocking, grocery shopping, meal planning, light meal prep, errands, and laundry management.
- While not a requirement for this position, the family would be excited to work with a candidate who has Montessori knowledge!
- 3 years of professional childcare experience
- Family assisting experience
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- Knowledge and experience with age-appropriate developmental milestones
- Experience traveling with families and children
- Ability to swim and comfortability caring for children in and near water
- Dog friendly! Willing to support light pet care.
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!