A bustling and dedicated family of five is seeking a positive, self-directed family assistant/nanny to help manage their home and care for their children!
- Location: Bethesda, MD
- Ages of children: 6, 3, and 1 years old
- Start date/Contract dates: As soon as they find the right fit!
- Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 45-50 hours per week with the general schedule falling on Monday through Friday from 11 am to 8 pm or similar. Openness to occasional evenings and weekends will be asked in advance and appreciated.
- Compensation: The family is offering $35-40/hour based on the 45 to 50-hour/week schedule, which equates to an annualized base compensation of $86-114k/year range dependent on experience and the agreed-upon schedule. The family may be open to candidates who are seeking a higher compensation package commensurate with experience.
- Benefits: The family is open to providing benefits including paid time off, paid holidays, health insurance and/or a health insurance stipend, and relocation assistance based on the candidate’s need and the full benefits package. The family will also provide a vehicle for professional use.
- Live-in/Live-out: Flexible to live in or live out. If live in, a private bedroom and bathroom will be provided on a separate floor of the family’s home.
- This busy family of five is thrilled to welcome a new team member to their family and home! Their oldest son is six years old and is in kindergarten five days per week during the day, while their three-year-old daughter attends nursery school five half-days per week. Their youngest son is one year old and is full of smiles! The kids love arts and crafts, imaginative play, reading, and being outside. They also have two playful and good-natured dogs.
- This role will rely heavily on collaboration and the family is excited to build a schedule and routine that supports all parties! Both parents will be working in and out of the home. They currently have a nanny, part-time housekeeper, and part-time house manager. With an all-hands-on-deck spirit, the candidate can anticipate working together with the whole team to conquer the day’s tasks. The parents are strong believers in the RIE method and child-led learning, and will appreciate someone who aligns with this. They have a strong desire for someone who can be a pillar of support to their family, as they hope to build a long-term relationship with their family assistant/nanny.
- This family enjoys weekend travel to their second home, taking domestic trips to various destinations, and they look forward to embarking on international travel with their nanny in the future!
- This position is ideal for a career family assistant/nanny who has a positive outlook, is eager to help where help is needed, and is a great communicator. A candidate who is able to give and receive feedback and collaborate with other household staff members in a kind and professional way will excel. Someone who can continuously adapt to the children’s needs as they grow is essential. Candidates who bring flexibility and are adept at working with others will be key in this role!
- This role will be split between family assisting and childcare, and an ability to oscillate between the two types of tasks alongside the other household staff will be essential.
- Childcare responsibilities include providing a safe and loving environment for the child to grow and thrive. Family assisting responsibilities when not in charge of children will include grocery shopping, running errands, light pet care, meal planning, cooking, child-related household duties, and travel. Bonus points if the candidate is skilled with laundry!
- Comfortability preparing meals for the entire family
- Family assisting experience
- 3 years of professional childcare experience
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- Knowledge and experience with age-appropriate developmental milestones
- Dog friendly! Willing to support light pet care
- Fully vaccinated and boosted (when eligible) against COVID-19 prior to start date in accordance with applicable laws
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!