A down-to-earth family with a home base in Chicago, IL is seeking an adventurous, travel-ready, and proactive nanny to care for their infant and 2.5-year-old children!
- Location: Home base in Chicago, IL with frequent travel. The family splits time throughout the year in locations such as Malibu, Big Sky, Las Vegas, Miami, and beyond!
- Ages of children: 2.5 years and 5 months old
- Start date/Contract dates: As soon as the family finds the perfect fit!
- Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 40 hours per week with the general working hours falling between 8 am and 5 pm, Tuesday through Saturday. The family appreciates a candidate with flexibility for travel (which they do frequently!) and does not anticipate the candidate will work every Saturday.
- Compensation: The family is offering $35-40/hour based on the 40-45 hour/week schedule, which equates to an annualized base compensation of $75-98k/year range dependent on experience and the agreed upon schedule. The family may be open to candidates who are seeking a higher compensation package commensurate with experience.
- Benefits: The family is open to providing benefits including paid time off, paid holidays, health insurance stipend, and relocation assistance.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-out. The family will be providing off-site housing for the candidate in Chicago and private and separate accommodations are provided at all residences and travel destinations.
- This friendly family may have a home base in Chicago but have no shortage of travel in their lives! They split their time throughout the year in Malibu, Montana, Las Vegas, Miami, and beyond (especially to escape those Chicago winters!). Their passions include hiking and biking, along with great food and family time.
- Their 2.5-year-old is happy, curious, and very active. She loves to climb, play on the beach, or head out on an explorative walk whenever she can. With the family’s travel schedule, they strive to create an educational and enriching environment for their daughter both at home and on the road in lieu of traditional preschool. Their new baby is 5 months old and loves the attention that their big sister gives. Lots of snuggles and age-appropriate developmental support are appreciated.
- The day-to-day will include creating fun, creative opportunities for learning at every destination and supporting the children’s structures, routines, and schedules. With many moving pieces in their home, including a household staff that includes another Adventure Nanny, the family is excited to welcome a nanny with an all-hands-on-deck spirit. A nanny who can find opportunities to jump in and assist with organization around the home, travel preparations, general tidying, and more will be a valued asset for years to come and a perfect match for this bustling family’s team.
- The ideal nanny brings an educationally-focused bend to their care and can turn every activity into a learning one, from cooking and exploring new foods and tastes, to exploring local activities at every travel destination! The family is outdoorsy and adventurous, excited to head out for a hike, a bike ride, or a swim and they hope to find a candidate who will happily join them and bring a positive attitude to all experiences.
- Experience traveling with families as a nanny and being able to manage all things travel, from packing to keeping organized while on the road, is essential. A candidate who is organized and proactive, excited to check tasks off of a to-do list, and intuit needs for each day no matter the location, and brings professional, collaborative energy to each day will thrive in this position.
- While not a requirement for the role, a background in early childhood education or experience working in a preschool would be a valued in this position. The family would also be excited about a candidate with Spanish and/or Polish knowledge, though this is not a must-have!
- At least 3 years of professional, full-time childcare experience
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- Knowledge and experience with age-appropriate developmental milestones
- Flexible and able (and excited!) to travel with the family frequently throughout the year for extended periods of time
- Confident swimmer and comfortable caring for children in/around water
- Cat friendly!
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to starting date in accordance with applicable laws, and willing to follow COVID-19 safety protocols
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!