A loving and close-knit family in Huntington Beach is seeking an experienced infant nanny with an appreciation for attachment-style parenting to help care for their baby!
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
- Ages of children: 2 months old
- Start date: As soon as they find the perfect fit!
- Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 40 hours per week with the general schedule falling on Monday through Friday from 11am to 7pm. Flexibility for evenings, weekends, and travel will be asked in advance and appreciated!
- Compensation: The family is offering $35-40/hour based on the 40-hour/week schedule, which equates to an annualized base compensation of $73-83k/year range dependent on experience and the agreed-upon schedule. The family may be open to candidates who are seeking a higher compensation package commensurate with experience.
- Benefits: The family is open to providing benefits including paid time off, paid holidays, health insurance and/or a health insurance stipend, and relocation assistance based on candidate need and the full benefits package.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-out. A housing stipend will be provided for the perfect relocation candidate!
- Based in beautiful Huntington Beach, this single mom welcomed a baby this summer and is looking forward to finding a nanny who is a partner in care! She is interested in the Happiest Baby sleep method, so a candidate who aligns/is trained in this philosophy and/or attachment-based parenting will be a wonderful fit. The mom also has a pre-teen daughter, who spends about 70% of her time with her mom and will not require care from the nanny.
- The family lives on the water, nearby to many relatives who they love to spend time with! They have a mostly screen-free home and enjoy playing games, being active, and getting sandy at the beach with cousins. Candidates who enjoy a family-oriented, playful environment will fit right in. They travel semi-frequently throughout the year, frequenting CA locations like Mammoth and San Diego. They have big plans for a family trip to Hawaii over the winter holidays, so a candidate who will be excited to join on this trip and future travels will be key. A love for dogs is essential, as the family also has a sweet golden retriever at home!
- This position is ideal for a candidate who is well-versed in caring for infants and is excited to form a bond with this kind family. Someone who brings their lively, warm spirit to each day and is excited to form a strong connection with the baby will be a great fit. This family lives a holistic lifestyle and would love to work with candidates who have an appreciation for this. Baby-wearing is a strong part of the family’s attachment-based parenting philosophy, so a candidate who is aligned with this approach will be essential!
- Responsibilities include creating an environment for the child(ren) to grow and thrive, child-related household tasks including but not limited to bottle prep and sanitization, light household tidying and laundry, organizing children’s areas, and errands, before and after school routines, coordinating activities, and traveling with the family throughout the year.
- While not a requirement for the role, the family would love to work with a candidate who speaks French or Spanish!
- 5+ years of professional childcare experience
- Valid driver’s license
- Knowledge and experience with age-appropriate developmental milestones
- Ability to swim and comfortability caring for children in and near water
- Dog friendly! Willing to support light pet care
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!