A heart-filled, on-the-go family based in Carmel, Indiana is seeking an ABA/BCBA private educator for their 9-year-old son!
- Location: Carmel, IN
- Ages of children: 9 years old
- Start date/Contract dates: As soon as they find the right fit!
- Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 40+ hours per week with the general classroom schedule falling on Monday-Friday from 9am – 3pm or similar. The family would welcome a candidate who can bring the classroom on the road and join them on their many travels!
- Compensation: The family is offering $40-50/hour based on the 40-hour/week schedule, which equates to an annualized base compensation of $85-105k/year range dependent on experience and the agreed-upon schedule. The family may be open to candidates who are seeking a higher compensation package commensurate with experience.
- Benefits: The family is open to providing benefits including paid time off, paid holidays, health insurance and/or a health insurance stipend, a vehicle for professional use, relocation, and/or housing assistance based on candidate need and the full benefits package.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-out
- This return Adventure Nannies family is seeking an educator to join their family team, which includes an Adventure Nanny. The family has a big, bustling household with their five children, two dogs, educators, nanny, and extended family in the area. Their kids, ranging in age from 2 to 11 years old, enjoy spending time outdoors swimming and playing sports, and the family has built a school house on their property, where the children work in different learning pods that support their academic needs and age groups. They are looking forward to a candidate who can collaborate in providing social opportunities for their son together with all the children and other teachers!
- They travel frequently both for work and pleasure around the country year-round, and are eager to find an educator who can join them on their travels! Their sweet and loving 9-year-old is on the autism spectrum, is non-verbal, and has attended an ABA school full-time up until this point. The family is excited to transition his schooling to home and is seeking an experienced educator who is excited to foster a sense of independence and build life skills through outings and new experiences in addition to meeting his academic goals!
- This position is ideal for someone who has experience working with children with Autism and who is adept and excited to develop an individualized curriculum for their 9-year-old. A candidate who brings a patient, warm, professional demeanor will be valued in this role!
- The family is excited to welcome a candidate with BCBA training and the ability to both build curriculum/programming and run day-to-day instruction. Candidates with ABA therapy training and background in addition to combined education-related degrees, training, and classroom/private education experience supporting Autistic learners may be considered as well.
- 3+ years of professional experience supporting children on the autism spectrum
- Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s degree in a child or education-related field preferred
- BCBA training or equivalent experience/education
- Dog Friendly!
- Driver’s license
- Ability to obtain a valid passport for international travel upon hire
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!